Chiropractors assess disorders related to the spine, nervous system, and joints of the extremities, and provide diagnosis and treatment for these disorders.
Chiropractors treat all ages and life stages; such as babies, athletes, pregnancy and elderly.
Chiropractors primarily treat the neuromusculoskeletal system, meaning that we specialize in the understanding and treatment of the spine’s bone structures, muscles and nerves. This includes pain in joints such as the jaw, neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, back, hips, knees, ankles and feet, headaches, sports injuries and more. It is a hands-on therapy without the use of drugs or surgery.
Treatment may include;
- Chiropractic adjustments and mobilizations
- Soft tissue care (such as Graston, trigger point therapy, Active release techniques)
- Nutrition and lifestyle counselling (diet, exercise, sleep, stress, etc.)
- Rehabilitation (McKenzie Method®, stretch/strengthen/mobility exercises)
- Modalities such as laser, ultrasound, TENS, interferential current
The goal of treatment is;
- Improve nerve and blood flow
- Relieve pain,
- Reduce muscle spasm
- Reduce inflammation,
- Increase flexibility,
- Increase strength,
- Restore stability, function and range of motion
- Health prevention
- Correct habits
- Minimize recurrences
- The goal of dietary and lifestyle counselling is prevention, to help correct habits, and to minimize recurrences.
The amount of treatments needed will depend on varying factors such as; the length of time you have had the condition, the type of condition, your age, and the extent of the injury. Your chiropractor will explain what the treatment is, what the best treatment protocol is and how long you can expect it to last.